I have interesting conversations with the people I work with. These conversations always get my mind working, and today I felt it was blog-worthy material. Tonight while we were sorting candy, we were talking about color blindness and the way that people see things, and how each person may or may not see things differently than others. And being a nurse in training, this got me thinking about how complex a creation the human body is. God is so amazing. It would take awhile to even write down all of the things that evolutionists have a hard time explaining because they were created so intricately and complexly that if something were to have "evolved" even a tiny bit differently than the way it did, life would not be possible.
This got me thinking about the way that I was created, and of course brought to my mind one of my favorite passages, Psalm 139.
I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. (14)
I was created as an individual by the Creator of the Universe. The hands that set each star in place and made the ground that I walk on decided to create me. He knew me before anyone else did, and He knows more about me than I know about myself. He knows my faults, my failures, and my future. If I were to count the number of thoughts God has about me, they would be "more in number than the sand" (Psalm 139:18) My sinfulness often disappoints Him, but as a loving Father, He cares enough about His created child to take her back each and every time she falls away from Him.
These attributes of God are so indescribable. But I think that often that is what draws me to Him. He has given me more than beyond measure in so many ways. I cannot fathom the depths of His love, and His faithfulness and mercy are new every morning.
It's funny how a few sentences in a conversation about color blindness can allow a person to praise God so much for who He is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Dear Brie,
It was nice surprise to see that you stopped by on my blog. Sometimes it's difficult to see even the simplest things in life as tools to glorify our heavenly Father!
funny that you should be writing this today. I was thinking on my drive today to Tuscola that I love music. The blessings that we take for granted are the things that are so wonderful about our life. I have always loved music and it makes my life so much fuller...
Love YOU..Grandma!!
Post a Comment