Last weekend when I was visiting my college friends in Wisconsin, I had a lovely visit with my very good friend and former dorm supervisor, Dori. There were lots of laughs and we talked and ate chocolate, but as always, my conversation with her challenged me to grow in my walk with the Lord. I told her that I was struggling with being at home and that I didn't like my job a whole lot and that I was torn between being at home and being at school. The next thing she told me is what really got me. She said, "Wherever God has you at this point in your life, be all there."
Be all there...
God has you wherever you are in your life right now for a reason. If you do not put everything you have into what you are doing at this moment, you could miss an opportunity. You could miss the whole purpose for why you are in this situation in the first place. You could miss the chance to minister to someone who is in need of something that only you can help them with. God has everything perfectly planned out, and I realize that by not fully committing myself to doing what God has for me at this time in my life, I am rebelling in a way. That may sound harsher than it should, but if I am even a little unhappy with where God has sovereignly placed me, then I am not trusting that "His ways are perfect" (Psalm 18). This is what is on my heart today, and I am going to try to live my life fully in whatever place God has me.

1 comments:
Thank you. I'm a teenager, the oldest of six kids, and we have a dad that's about to graduate from college, preparing for the ministry. While looking forward to the future, I forget to live for God NOW. I need this reminder so often that it's usually what I post about nowadays. please pray for me. :)
Post a Comment